Lincoln Electric reserves the right to disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy. Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website.
For information on how we process personal information on individuals in the EU, please click here.
• What Personal Data we collect
• How we use that Personal Data
• How we may share that Personal Data
• How we protect that Personal Data
• Your choices regarding your Personal Data
To the extent possible, before you submit your Personal Data to Lincoln Electric, you will be informed about certain rights you have regarding Personal Data you submit and how that Personal Data will be processed and used by Lincoln Electric. At that time, you may consent to the use of and submit your Personal Data by Lincoln Electric or decline to consent to such use and not submit your Personal Data.
The term “Personal Data” means “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
What Personal Data We Collect and How We Use That Personal Data?
Customer, Vendor, and Suppliers: Lincoln Electric may collect and process the following categories of Personal Data concerning our customers, vendors, and suppliers: name and surname, contact details, job title, bank account details and financial information (including credit/income history), transaction history, communications and criminal records. We process this information for facilitate routine and common business practices, such as those related to sales orders and management, promotion and quotation submitting, warranty management, credit collection, compliance with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Export Controls and other legal requirements, accounting, and defense of our interests and claims.
Website Users: Lincoln Electric collects Personal Data for the purpose of providing information or updates about Lincoln Electric or its products or arc welding to individuals who visit the Site. We may also use Personal Data you submit for internal purposes including the administration of the Site, data analytics, and compliance with law or legal process and Lincoln Electric’s policies and procedures. You also provide new, or updated or corrected Personal Data to Lincoln Electric from time-to-time
Who Provides Use With Your Personal Data?
The Personal Data that we collect and process on our customers, vendors, and suppliers, is derived from the individual or from his/her business. For website users, we collect Personal Data that you choose to enter into the Site.
Lincoln Electric may also receive Personal Data from third parties who provide services to us, such as trade shows, mailing or other list services. Lincoln Electric may receive the following categories of Personal Data, such as your name, email address, phone number, job title, business or personal address
Why Do We Process Personal Data?
Categories of Personal Data collected and purposes for which they are processed are listed below:
- Complete a Transaction: You provide Personal Data to Lincoln Electric so we can provide you services and products or information pertaining to our services and products. Often, this transaction is governed by a binding contract and in order for Lincoln Electric to fulfil the terms and conditions of that contract, we need to collect, use, and retain, your Personal Data.
- Contact Us and Ask the Experts: You may submit an inquiry or comment to Lincoln Electric along with your name, and contact information (such as address, phone number and email address). Lincoln Electric uses this information for the purpose of replying to your inquiry.
- Questionnaires and Surveys: Lincoln Electric may ask users of the Site to complete optional online surveys and opinion polls for the purpose of obtaining their input relating to our present or planned products and their use. These surveys help us to better meet your needs. In conducting these surveys we may ask you to provide your name and contact information (such as address, phone number and email address) so that we can provide you with information about our products and about welding and cutting, for example, by sending you newsletters or other marketing material.
- Product, Accessory and Extended Warranty Orders: If you purchase products from the Site, we ask for your name, contact information (such as address, phone number and email address), shipping and billing information. You will also be asked to provide your credit card number and security code solely to our credit card processing vendor, 3Delta Systems (3dsi.com), for purposes of payment. Lincoln Electric will not have access to or store your credit card information. For U.S. products, you may also register your Lincoln Electric product on our website so we can provide information updates to you and for this purpose we will ask you for your name, contact details and product serial and code number.
- Locating a Distributor: If you use the Site to locate a nearby Lincoln Electric distributor, we will ask you for a location. Information about your location will be retained and analyzed for statistical business reasons.
- Customer and Investor Updates: Lincoln Electric asks you to provide name and contact information (such as address, phone number and email address) so that updates to our products, safety data sheets (SDS), safety and corporate investor information may be sent to you.
- myLincoln Account: If you create an account on a Lincoln Electric Site, we collect the account information that you submit, such as your name, email address, and log-in information. We also collect information regarding your orders through the account, such as your history of purchases.
- From Third Parties: Lincoln Electric may also receive Personal Data from third parties who provide services to us, such as trade shows, mailing or other list services. Lincoln Electric may receive the following categories of Personal Data, such as your name, email address, phone number, job title, business or personal address.
Do We Collect Special Categories of Personal Data or Information on Children?
Lincoln Electric does not ask for, and does not collect, Special Categories of Personal Data related to our customers, vendors, suppliers, or website users.
Children’s Privacy: The Site is not directed to children under the age of sixteen, unless otherwise provided by applicable laws, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children. We may ask you to confirm that you have not and will not provide such information to us or in postings on the Site when you register. If we become aware that such information has been provided or posted on the Site, we will delete it from our records.
How Do We Share Your Personal Data?
Lincoln Electric does not sell or lease any Personal Data, such as email addresses, collected from customers, vendors, and suppliers or from Site users. The following are the ways we share your information:
- Intra-Group: We share Personal Data about you within Lincoln Electric for all the purposes shown here. A list of all Lincoln Electric entities is available here.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your Personal Data with third-party service providers under contract with Lincoln Electric to help us provide services to you and process Personal Data on our behalf for the above-mentioned purposes. We may, retain a third party to help us determine what marketing information you might find useful. The service providers are bound by law and/or contract to protect the confidentiality and security of personal data, and to only process your personal data to provide requested services and only act on our documented instructions.
Lincoln Electric also shares data with other companies, vendors and business partners to perform functions for it, whereby these companies are themselves responsible to determine the purposes and/or means of the processing and for the lawfulness of the processing. We may disclose your Personal Data to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice. We use a third-party service provider to process credit card information you submit.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share Personal Data with courts, tribunals, opposing or other related parties to the proceedings and their professional advisors, in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other Personal Data to courts, tribunals, opposing or other related parties to the proceedings and their professional advisors, when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lincoln Electric, our users, or others. This may include exchanging Personal Data with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We may disclose your Personal Data to prospective purchasers, their lawyers or professional advisors, of any interest in Lincoln Electric or its assets.
How Do We Address Site Privacy and Tracking?
We support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the sites collecting your personally identifiable information.
Do We Comply With California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance?
California residents who use this Site may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of the user’s Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by email or by mail to:
The Lincoln Electric Company
22801 St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44117
How We Protect Your Personal Data?
Lincoln Electric will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data it collects from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Lincoln Electric has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secures the Personal Data it collects from loss and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data.
What About Third Party Websites?
This Site contains links to other third-party websites. Lincoln Electric does not control and is not responsible for the operation of such websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of those websites if you have questions about their privacy practices.
Can I Unsubscribe from Emails?
You may choose to stop receiving marketing or promotional emails by unsubscribing here, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or by emailing us your request to unsubscribe.
How Can I Update My Personal Data?
You may use the link in the “Contacting Us” section of this policy to provide us with your updated or corrected Personal Data or to request that we delete your Personal Data.
If you have an account and login with us, the Site provides you the option to update or correct information previously provided by logging into your account and clicking User Admin left and then My Profile to access your Personal Data and correct, amend or delete inaccurate information.
What is Our Data RentPolicy?
Lincoln Electric retains your Personal Data collected as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which Personal Data are collected and to comply with legal obligations or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
For our customers, vendors, and suppliers, we retain their Personal Data for the duration needed to complete or facilitate our contract, agreement, or engagement, and for a reasonable amount of time thereafter in accordance with our legitimate business needs and functions.
We shall retain certain Personal Data of Site visitors for no longer than reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which Personal Data are collected, to comply with legal obligations or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
Is Personal Data Transferred Across Borders/Internationally?
Personal Data collected from our customers, vendors, and suppliers or from Site users is stored on servers located in the United States. In some cases, your Personal Data may also be stored on servers in a country where the Lincoln Electric affiliate is located that sells or markets to your stated location.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of the Site or your dealings with the Site, you can email us or contact us at the following addresses:
The Lincoln Electric Company
22801 St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44117
EUROPEAN UNION INFORMATION PROCESSING
If you are located in a country in the EU, please see the following details about the processing of your Personal Data by Lincoln Electric.
Who is responsible for processing of your Personal Data?
[Please insert relevant Lincoln Electric Company entity] (“Lincoln Electric”) is the controller of the Personal Data collected from customers, vendors, or suppliers, or submitted on this Site.
What Personal Data do we process about you?
The categories of Personal Data that Lincoln Electric processes about you, for the purposes described below are listed herein.
Why are we processing your Personal Data and on which legal bases?
Lincoln Electric processes Personal Data for the purposes we have outlined herein and for your convenience, also in this section. Where applicable, we will point out, at the time of the data collection, if the provision of the Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement and whether you are obliged to provide the Personal Data and the possible consequences of failure to provide such Personal Data.
- Information on Our Customers, Vendors, or Suppliers
- Lincoln Electric may collect and process Personal Data concerning our customers, vendors, and suppliers to facilitate routine and common business practices, such as those related to sales orders and management.
- Legal Bases: The processing is justified based on statutory provisions that (1) processing is based on the consent; (2) processing is necessary for Lincoln Electric’s legitimate interests as set out herein; (3) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party; and (4) Lincoln Electric is required to comply with a legal or statutory obligation in the EU or a Member State.
- Information on Lincoln Electric, Distributors and its Products
- This includes processing Personal Data to: provide information or updates about Lincoln Electric or its products, arc welding, safety data sheets (SDS), safety and corporate investor information; carry out optional online surveys and opinion polls to obtain Site visitor’s input relating to our present or planned products and their use; locate a nearby Lincoln Electric distributor.
- Legal Bases: The processing is justified based on statutory provisions that (1) processing is based on the consentof the Site visitor; (2) processing is necessary for Lincoln Electric’s legitimate interests as set out herein; (3) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party; and (4) Lincoln Electric is required to comply with a legal or statutory obligation in the EU or a Member State.
- Site and myLincoln Administration
- This includes processing Personal Data to: carry out Site and myLincoln Account administration.
- Legal Bases: The processing is justified based on (1) your consent; (2) processing is necessary for Lincoln Electric’s legitimate interests as set outherein; and (3) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
- Compliance with Law, Internal Regulations and Protection
- This includes processing Personal Data to: compliance with law or legal process, Lincoln Electric’s policies and procedures and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lincoln Electric, our users, or others.
- Legal Bases: The processing is justified based on statutory provisions that (1) Lincoln Electric is required to comply with a legal or statutory obligation in the EU or a Member State; (2) to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person; and (3) processing is necessary for Lincoln Electric’s legitimate interests as set out herein.
- Communication with Site Visitors
- This includes processing Personal Data to: enable visitors to submit an inquiry or comment to Lincoln Electric and reply to such inquiries.
- Legal Bases: The processing is justified based on statutory provisions that processing is necessary for Lincoln Electric’s legitimate interests as set outherein.
- Corporate Transactions
- This includes processing Personal Data to: comply with requests of prospective purchasers interested in Lincoln Electric or its assets.
- Legal Bases: The processing is justified based on (1) your consent; and (2) processing is necessary for Lincoln Electric’s legitimate interests as set outherein.
- Direct Marketing
- This includes processing Personal Data to: provide (e-)newsletters and other marketing materials.
- Legal Bases: The processing is justified based on (1) your consent; (2) processing is necessary for Lincoln Electric’s legitimate interests as set outherein.
- Warranty and Registration
- This includes processing Personal Data to: provide product registration and extended warranty orders.
- Legal Bases: The processing is justified based on based on statutory provisions that (1) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party; (2) processing is necessary for Lincoln Electric’s legitimate interests as set out herein; and (3) Lincoln Electric is required to comply with a legal or statutory obligation in the EU or a Member State.
With whom do we share your Personal Data?
- Personal data are shared within the Lincoln Electric (i.e. intra-group) or with third parties. In some cases, external companies collect Personal Data directly from you on our behalf.
- The categories of recipients of Personal Data are listed here.
Do we disclose your Personal Data internationally?
Due to the global nature of our operations, some of the recipients mentioned herein may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which do not provide an adequate level of data protection by law. International transfers will be to countries where Lincoln Electric entities have offices, including the United States of America, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Russia, Ukraine, Australia, China, India, and Japan. The transfer of your Personal Data outside the EEA takes place on the basis of our Global Intra-Group Data Transfer and Processing Agreement, which is based on standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect the Personal Data when transferred outside the EEA and in accordance with applicable law.
- Third Parties
Some of the third parties with whom we share Personal Data are also located outside the EEA. Certain third countries have been officially recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection. You can find the list of these countries at the following address:https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en. Transfers to third parties located in other third countries outside the EEA take place using an acceptable data transfer mechanism, such as the Privacy Shield for transfers to self-certified US organizations, the EU Standard Contractual Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules, approved Codes of Conduct and Certifications or in exceptional circumstances on the basis of permissible statutory derogations.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you want to receive further information or, where available, a copy of the relevant data transfer mechanism.
How long does Lincoln Electric keep my Personal Data?
To find out more about Lincoln Electric’s retention of your Personal Data, click here.
Rights in relation to your Personal Data
- Under the conditions set by applicable data protection laws, you may exercise the following rights regarding your Personal Data:
- You have the right to obtain from us confirmation if Personal Data are being processed, the purpose of processing, the categories of data, the legal basis of the processing, information on recipients of the data and the non-EU countries in which they are located, the safeguards put in place for the transfer of data to non-EU countries, the storage period of data or criteria to determine it, further information on your rights, our processing activities, the sources of information and the significant and envisaged consequences of processing.
- You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data and to have incomplete data completed.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for compelling and legitimate reasons relating to your particular situation, except in cases where legal provisions expressly provide for that processing. In addition, you have the right to object at any time where your Personal Data are processed for direct marketing purposes.
- You may receive your Personal Data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit them to other data controllers without hindrance. This right only exists if the processing is based on your consent or a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- You may request to restrict processing of your Personal Data if (i) you contest the accuracy of them – for the period we need to verify your request; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of them and request restriction instead; (iii) we no longer need them, but you tell us you need them to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or (iv) you object to processing based on public or legitimate interest – for the period we need to verify your request.
- You may request to erase your Personal Data if they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have collected them, you have withdrawn your consent and no other legal ground for the processing exists, you objected and no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing exist, the processing is unlawful, or erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to lodge a complaint
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your residence, place of employment, or the location where the issue that is the subject of the complaint occurred.
- Right to refuse or withdraw consent
- Please note that in case we ask for your consent to certain processing, you are free to refuse to give consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time without any adverse negative consequences. The lawfulness of any processing of your Personal Data that occurred prior to the withdrawal of your consent will not be affected.
- Contact Details
To find out more about how to contact Lincoln Electric, click here.
The Lincoln Electric Company
22801 St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44117
or to our Data Protection and Privacy Coordinator at:
Lincoln Electric Europe
25, Boulevard de la Paix / 95895 Cergy-Saint Christophe Cedex /France
E-mail address: email@example.com
Protection of Username and Password
Some areas of the Website may require that you register and log in. You are responsible for protecting your username and password and all activities on your account. Additionally, we may rely upon any communications we receive on the Website under your login. Notify us immediately if you have reason to believe your login has been or may be used by someone not authorized to do so.
Last Updated: May 2018
Websites maintained by Lincoln Electric (collectively the “Site”) use a number of different cookies. This Cookies Policy explains the following:
What are cookies?
Cookies we use and why we use them
Cookies for E.U. users
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. The cookie then sends information back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to remember your preferences. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
Cookies we use and why we use them
Cookies are often categorized by function. We use four types of cookies by function on our Site:
1. Essential Cookies
These are cookies that are strictly necessary for the functioning of the website or for performing services that an individual user has requested.
2. Analytical Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. Analytical cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information that analytical cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. These cookies are used only to improve how a website functions.
3. Functional Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices users make and to provide enhanced, personalized features. For example, on our Site, these cookies remember users’ language preferences.
4. Targeting/Advertising Cookies
Targeting/advertising cookies are cookies used to deliver advertisements relevant to the user. They remember that a user has visited a website and share this information with other organizations such as advertising vendors.
Cookies can also be categorized by how long they remain on your device. There are two broad categories of duration:
1. Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted manually or automatically.
2. Session cookies
Session cookies remain on your device until you close your browser when they are automatically deleted.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our Site.
In this section, we describe cookies used by the Site in more detail for E.U. users. This section does not discuss cookies from the Lincoln Electric Online Store. We did not include those cookies here because the Store section of the Site is not intended for users outside of the United States. The Lincoln Electric Online Store is the section of the Site with the URL: http://store.lincolnelectric.com. If you are not a U.S. user, please do not use this part of the Site.
Cookies for E.U. users
Cookies can also be categorized by who puts the cookie on the user’s computer or other device the user uses to browse the internet.
First party cookies are cookies placed by the party operating the website. For example, any cookies we (Lincoln Electric) place on your computer from our Site are first party cookies.
Third party cookies are cookies placed from a website by a party that does not own or operate that website.
The following describes in more detail the types of functional cookies that we use.
An example of an essential cookie used by the site is the cookie we place to remember what tab you selected. The Site uses this cookie to ensure the tab remains selected as you browse within the tab.
Although these cookies provide information to Google Analytics, they are first party cookies because we place them ourselves.
You can object to the collection of your information by Google Analytics by clicking here.
An example of a functional cookie we use is a cookie that remembers your location preference. For example, if you choose the United Kingdom version of our Site, this cookie remembers that you prefer to browse this version.
Cookies in this category may include Remarketing Cookies. These are cookies that remember that you visited our Site after you leave. Sometimes they collect information about what pages of our Site you visited. They then share this information with our third party vendors, such as Google and DataXU. Based on this information, the third party vendors show you advertisements for Lincoln Electric products on third party websites that we think may interest you based on what you viewed on our website. The Remarketing Cookies are first party cookies.
The Site uses Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information unless you have logged into your myLincoln account, in which case your IP address will be linked to your myLincoln UserID. An Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) typically assigns a random dynamic IP address at the time of your connection. For local area network (“LAN”), DSL, or cable modem users, a static IP address may be permanently assigned to a particular computer. We may record the IP addresses of visitors to the Site. An IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area and is generally considered to be Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
Location of information processing:
The information collected by our cookies is processed in servers located in the United States.
The information we gather from our cookies is shared with the Google Analytics and the Remarketing Cookies programs.
When you visit our Site, Lincoln Electric may place cookies on your computer (or other device you use to browse the web) that tell third party vendors like Google and DataXU to show you ads for Lincoln Electric (“Remarketing Cookies”). As a result, these third party vendors may display Lincoln Electric ads to you on sites across the Internet. Remarketing Cookies only collect information about what webpages you have visited on the Site in order to show you ads about products that may interest you.
Rejecting Cookies Through Browser Settings:
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies altogether. For more information on using browser settings to reject cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You should note that rejecting cookies in your browser settings may mean that any preferences you set on this Site will be lost and that the Site may not work as well. In addition, using the browser settings to reject cookies may also cause your browser to reject cookies from all websites, not just this Site.
The Lincoln Electric Company
22801 St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44117
You can reject or accept non-essential cookies by clicking on the link below. Please note that rejecting non-essential cookies might affect your user experience. Clicking the link below sets a cookie that remembers your cookie choice. If you change your mind, click again to again accept cookies.